National 12 - find out more...

N3000 Clockwork

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 08 Aug 2007, 01:16

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3000 Clockwork. Design: Pipedream, designed by: Robert Peebles in 1976
Original boat name: Wild Goose Chase.

felixthehousecat

I owned Wild Goose Chase as my first 12!

Brought it form a guy at spinnaker Sailing Club Ringwood, It was rotting away, and i couldnt bare to see it Rot!

Once repaired, it was a good quick boat on flat water, sailed it at the Weymouth Nationals, 2004.

Then sold it at the end of the season, to someone up north?!

Consequently brought Baggy Aardvark

Felix 3154

Nigel Goodhew

I have just "adopted" N3000...my mainsheet trimmer on my Sigma 38 has given her to me...
Now stripped of all the fittings I am commencing a full refurbishment. I have quite a lot of work to do. There are a few holes and soft bits in the floor, bus I think she can be rescued. The decks are ok.

I'd like to hear from other Pipedream owners as I have some suspicions about the shape of the 3rd plank each side just forward of the thwart. There's an interesting twist, which might be cunning design, or a permanent inward deflection from 30 years sitting on a badly designed and ill matched trolley.
NRG

Tim Gatti

Nigel - here's a pic of Gnasher N3109 showing hull planking from exterior - does it give you what you need?
Tim

Paul Trevan

I built Wid Goose Chase in 1977 and enjoyed a few years of competition before leaving the country. As far as I know, the moulded hull shape was spot on when built, so if it's wrong now, it's maybe an age problem.
She wasn't a sea boat, although we did get a 9th at Tynemouth in the year of the storm (last boat to finish without capsizing, but this was probably down to the abject terror of her helmsman) and 3rd in one of the Burton Week races at Whitstable the following year. Inland she produced a number of results.
I last met her at Ringwood a few years back when she appeared sound but was showing her age a bit.
Hope you have as much fun out of her as I did.

edwillett

Advertised for sale on Facebook page "Dinghies and Dinghy Bits For Sale, July 2016. Located in the Hamble area.

n12 Bottom Banner