National 12 - find out more...

Yorkshire Dales open.

Started by GregPitt, 06 Jul 2009, 10:03

« previous - next »

Tim Gatti

In case you're wondering... Seb did stirling work in the 'Baggy' in Race 1 until senior helm and your Chairman took a serious blow to the head from the boom at the second gybe mark, held it together for another lap then retired gracefully to seek solace and paracetamol onshore.  Simon's crew had been invalided out before the start of the meeting so Seb stood in for races 2 and 3 in the Final Chapter - and thoroughly enjoyed himself by all accounts, despite only managing 3.5 hours sleep the night before.
Vice Chair Chadders managed to snap a carbon tiller extension and retired from race 2 but did well in the other two races in conditions that were challenging - he borrowed Bernard Clark's tiller for the final race as he had decided to sit out race 3 due to an ankle injury. Mark and Emma Simpson won the first two races in style (and the event) but then had to leave early due to baby sitting problems.  The Max Factor team scored a 1st and a 2nd in races 2 & 3  to take second place overall and Neil and Katie McInnes had a great day in their Baggy - Twice Shy to take 3rd with 2 x 2nd's - and were one of the few crews not to capsize!  Many thanks to all at Yorkshire Dales for a great event and a great day's sailing. Their new Clubhouse is due to be completed later this summer and looks absolutely fantastic with panoramic views of the whole of Grimwith Reservoir - definitely a venue to consider for an N12 Summer event in the future (not sure if camping is permitted though?)  Neil will be posting a full report and results in due course. Tim

Chadders

Tim if it makes you feel better she who must be obeyed says I too have a nice lump on my head and whilst not bad enough to cause a retirement it did temporarily cause the air around Squidgy Bits to turn blue and my young crew to realise that old blokes know some serious swear words when the ocasion demands it!  Thanks again to Yorkshire Dales SC, cant wait to come back and try the new clubhouse and changing rooms with under floor heating!  Will the portloos be retained for posterity?  Howard C

FuzzyDuck

Sorry Chadders went one better, having broke the extension at Burghfield, this time I snapped the actual extension.  And I want to stop the rumours now, I did not sit on it, it was my body weight......
Now where my spare, oopps sold it to Gerald!
Simon
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

Tim Gatti

Hi Howard - you mean you hadn't noticed the lump on your head until Sarah mentioned it after the race?

n12 Bottom Banner