National 12 - find out more...

Y&Y Battle of the classes

Started by grazz, 12 Nov 2010, 05:13

« previous - next »

grazz

Dear all, 

We have received an invitation for two 12s to compete in the 2011 Yachts and Yachting Battle of the Classes Pursuit race.  Here are the details 

"The event is sponsored by Yachts & Yachting in the historic Royal Victoria Dock, right outside the London Boat Show exhibition centre, where visitors can enjoy the grandstand view of the racing.

The event is to be held on Sunday 16th January 2011 first start at 12:00

Royal Victoria Dock Watersport Centre. Tidal Basin Road, Off Silverton Way, London, E16 1AD"

We've done it a couple of times, was hectic racing with challenging sailing conditions but good fun

Any one interested in representing the class?

grazz

No one's made contact so far for the Y&Y Battle of the classes. Are there any takers?

Le Shed

Id love to say yes to this graham but unfortunatly haven't got the boat for the job :/

Tom White (N2765)

Nick Copsey

If none of the better guys want to go me and Naomi are up for it
Nick (hopfully the foolish will be ready by then)

grazz

Well volunteered Nick would be good to see some younger faces there. What's happening to the Foolish? PS From this years' performance I think you're hot on the heels of the "better guys".

Tom, I think Le Shed is looking pretty racy these days with the carbon bits and flash sails. Plus your're training on Olton Mere is ideal preparation - the conditions in the docks are pretty similar. It would be a home from home ;)

Also, did I mention that entry to the pursuit race is free and each boat gets three free tickets to the boat show :)

Happy sailing \\ ice-skating

Graham

Chadders

Great to see we will be represented by two of our upcoming stars! Best of luck chaps!
8)

Nick Copsey

[face=Calibri]I have got a foolish hull which I am about to fit out. [/face]
[face=Calibri]I am looking at getting a winged rudder so was wondering if anyone has any pictures of Steve Norbury's setup as he seems to have very good boat speed, i was considering fitting a piston through the bottom of the transom similar to the DCB and was wondering what effect this might have with the rudder being further from the transom when not at full lift, other suggestions welcome but I would prefer to have the weight attached to the boat so is included in all up weight not unmeasured in the rudder stock.[/face]

[face=Calibri]Cheers Nick[/face]

Kevin

Nick, my Foolish is currently with P&B who are working out how best to go about adapting it to take a winged rudder. Once it's done, I am sure Tom will be happy to share with everyone where needs strengthening, etc. This decision was taken after having spoken to Steve Norbury about his boat and the problems he encountered. I am happy to talk through what I know if you want to do this.
Kevin

Le Shed

Unfortunatley my parents are busy on that weekend and we are struggleing to find a way to get down with the boat :(

Alistair Edwards

Just spotted the following announcement on the Y&Y website:

Yachts and Yachting Battle of the Classes Pursuit Race 2011
 Dear Competitor
 It is with regret that we have to announce that the 2011 Battle of the Classes won’t be taking place, the Royal Victoria Dock Watersports Centre is undergoing redevelopment and is unusable for launching and there are no changing rooms or boat storage facilities available for this year.
The event will be held again in 2012 when the Victoria Dock Watersports Centre is rebuilt.
 Have a great sailing season in 2011.

N3517 Carbon Paw Print (Big Issue 2)
N2903 Maxim (Paper Dart)
Previously N3143 Catatonic (Tigress)

n12 Bottom Banner