National 12 - find out more...

75th - Northampton SC

Started by Jon M, 28 Mar 2011, 08:48

« previous - next »

Jon M

Who is going to Northampton?  I am hoping to get 3415 up there, subject to crew...

Roly Mo

Ellie and I will be there with something to sail in the Vintage fleet.
RM

tom white

Fingers crossed maria and I will be there, :) either in le shed or (if finished by then) N3193 :P cant wait :D hope to  see you all there :)

Tom White (N2765, 3193)

John Meadowcroft

We will be there.  Planning to bring the boys, might even take them sailing.  Might even bring two boats! 

angus

I'm hoping to be there with something vintage, I will almost certainly be looking for a crew.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Jon M

Does anyone know if there is camping at Northampton, or other accomodation?

Antony (Guest)

Jon,
There is camping at Pitsford, next to the boats.  The club has always been very accomodating. 
Last time, for the 70th, a lot of us stayed in the hotel that hosted the dinner.  Although it is a different hotel i suspect that the same will be true this time and since it looks unlikely we can make the whole event we will probably aim to do that.
What I do not know is who is organising the dinner, and in particular the invitations to the older 12 sailors that are no longer members....  if they could get in touch with me i would be grateful...
Antony

paul turner

Christine and I intend to be there with one of my vintage fleet, probably Dolly. I hope to have the four "originals" (Mr Jones, Starfish, Smuggler and Shotgun) available to be sailed by COMPETENT helms. If you are interested in sailing any of them (you collect and return to DE72 3AX undamaged) please email me direct (don't post here to avoid the embarrassment of me turning you down!?:-/) Two N12 yotters have already contacted me, but nothing arranged yet. Px :K)

Jane Wade

Kevin and I will be there - BUT there are loads of events before that one.

Antony - Lesley Iles has kindly agree to organise the dinner, in the hotel where Dave and I had our wedding reception, you have been before!

Chadders

As Jane says lots of events before May but rest assured further details will be coming out in the next couple of weeks together with 2011 Yearbooks for all those who have paid the 2011 subscription (Hint for anyone who may not have paid as yet).  We should have 6-8 ribbed boats attending including N1 and we hope N2 and plenty of non ribbed vintage boats as well some of them available on loan as per Pauls kind offer above, Tim Gatti and I also have spare boats for careful helms to borrow on the same terms as Paul so collect and return to Yorkshire in this case.  Jane got married in the hotel where we are having our Anniversary Dinner!  What better recomendation could we have?  This will be a great Anniversary Regatta and Dinner and we are hoping for at least 75 boats to help us celebrate.  This weekend will have something for everyone so watch out for full details in your letterbox in the near future.  Regards to all.  Howard

Roly Mo

Will there be anything organised at the club for those who don't want to go to/can't afford the dinner, or who (like us) have children and can't therefore go along? 
Mrs RM

Jane Wade

Hello
There will be a social at the club on the Saturday but unlikely on the Sunday night although the club will be open.  You might have to venture to the Northampton metropolis for some excitement...
Alternatively I could probably find you a babysitter.
Jane

Roly Mo

Saturday night sounds good - on Sunday we will cook up a feast in the van - no doubt something creative involving sausages to keep the crew happy.  Thanks for the offer Jane, but we wouldn't want to go off to a do and leave Ellie behind, it would seem awfully mean.  I suspect we may have to play Snakes and Ladders instead!
Mrs RM

darebarry

Just sorting out our plans for Northampton. Can someone give some idea what is on menue for the dinner, and what is the vegetarian option?
Thanks Dare

Chadders

The Highgate Hotel is showing as full for online booking!  To book a room simply ring the hotel and tell them that you are attending the National Twelve Dinner and you will be able to book at the "special rate".  Bookings are coming in already however and early booking is recommended as the hotel may well become full in due course.

n12 Bottom Banner