National 12 - find out more...

Newburn Open Meeting

Started by Chadders, 11 Mar 2012, 10:24

« previous - next »

Chadders

Don't forget the Newburn Open Meeting on the 18th March!  Who is coming out to play? 
I will be there with Squidgy Bits, Philip David is planning to come and rumour has it that Mark and Emma have sorted the young person minding team.  I have also heard a rumour that a well known Scottish duo are teaming up to challenge for the trophy, is this true?  
I even have a spare crew coming and she would appreciate an offer of a sail with one of our kind and considerate 12 helms if anyone is short of a crew please let me know asap please.  Look forward to seeing you on the start line and please post here if you can join us.  Howard aka Chadders 8)

edwillett

Howard...you are right about one thing...Angus and I are indeed planning to be there, but not sure we will be challenging for anything other than the Super-Tubs trophy....just nice to start the season!

angus

Ed I thought it was understood that unless we were up there giving the DBs a stroll for their money I wasn't interested.;D;D;D
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

edwillett

Alex T

3223 will be there, but I think we will outweigh Ed and Angus..........

angus

So we will have some competition then.8)

edwillett

in the weight category...?!

angus

Nah! in the wait category;D

angus

Well a great day with plenty of interest trying to guess which way the wind was coming next. It was a race of two parts. five minutes while a scottish boat was near or in front and 175 minutes dominated by the DBs, unfortunately it was the second part that the DBs dominated.
I got to see Mark's favourite stretch of river. got to see rather too much of it to be honest as did everybody else. There was one amusing incident when Mark and Philip had rounded the top mark  and where heading down towards Ed and Howard and all 4 boats where on a dead run.
It was the first time I had been in the front end of a vintage boat since I was at school and they definately havn't got any bigger.
Well done to Mark for winning and Phil for pushing him all the way.
Nothing like a three hour drift in rotating lack of wind to get the season underway.;D

n12 Bottom Banner