National 12 - find out more...

Burwain Gul Series event 21st April

Started by Carbonara, 03 Apr 2013, 01:50

« previous - next »

Carbonara

Hope to see the regulars plus some new faces from further afield for the Burwain SC National 12 open on 21st April which is now a Gul Series meeting. Pre-registration is now possible on our new website. The info on the website says the start is 11am at the moment but we actually plan to start at 12 which will give people a lie in or more time to get there (it fits in with club racing and the OOD says that last year by the time everyone got ready it was nearly 12 in any case).

If anybody wants to make a weekend of it you are very welcome to sail on Saturday in the club racing and or camp on site. Just let me know and I will arrange access to clubhouse facilities, open the bar etc.

Link to website http://www.burwain.co.uk/wordpress/national-12-open-burwain/

Photos from last years event  http://paulhargreavesphotography.zenfolio.com/p117663717/hb92c3f4#h26d26e8

Patrick Hamilton
Carbonara N3502

Tom Stewart (Guest)

I have sent the Gul banner and the Gul Vouchers up for this event. there are some great prizes to be won this year at Gul events. Gul vouchers and every entry gets a raffle ticket for a weekend a way at a top Cornish hotel, so the more events you enter the greater the chances of you being the one!
So who is going to burwain?

Carbonara

And the weather is looking promising as well!
Patrick

Chadders

Triarda is coming to Burwain and Neil McInnes is also coming too he says with Twice Shy.  We went out for a practice sail last evening at Yeadon (although I was in Squidgy Bits) and we both ended up bathing with boats, it seems that wind guru really did mean gusts to 40 knots after all. 8)

Ed storey

Chris Day

We'll be there too. Looking forward to the first ever Gul Series event!

PD

And me in N3499, with Caroline. Pleased about the 12.00 o'clock start too!
Philip

Carbonara

Thanks to the visitors for coming and to our sponsors GUL for the prizes. Report to follow but for the time being here are some photos of the action.
http://paulhargreavesphotography.zenfolio.com/p840640970/h5c7355dc#h5c7355dc

Chadders

Great days sailing for all who made the effort, the photographs are well worth a look and thank you Paul.  Could have done with a few more vintage boats to race though but had a good race with Brian and Ros until it got a tad fresh for them.
Many thanks to all at Burwain for a great day and especially Gavin for some gret courses including the last one accurately described as a "Bobby Dazzler"  Look forward to reading the full report in due course. 8)

PD

I echo Howard's comments...a brilliant day's sailing. Thank you to all at Burwain. I'm sorry I had to rush off missing prize giving, but I just made it home in time. So thanks again to Patrick for organising, Gavin and helpers for race officering and the ladies behind the tea bar for catering. And a big thank you also to Gul for sponsoring. Philip, N3499

n12 Bottom Banner