National 12 - find out more...

Winter gloves for little boy...HELP

Started by STU W, 10 Dec 2014, 03:14

« previous - next »

STU W

Hi everybody. Took my little boy sailing for the first time a couple of weeks ago in Grimley Fiendish, I know a terrible time to start, and he loved it. Only problem is he said his hands were freezing. Want to get him sailing gloves but as he is only 8 his hands are tiny. Any of you who sail with little ones got any suggestions as to the best gloves out there and best size for little hands. 
Thanks in advance for any advice
Stuart
12's are for life not just for christmas.

Antony (Guest)

Stu,
We have an assortment of the usual neoprene winter sailing gloves that our boys seem to use.  I will ask if any in particular are favoured.  A recent innovation (they sailed last Saturday when it was properly cold) was to wear thin latex gloves underneath - as bought by the box at the chemist.  Their hands seemed pretty warm after a day in the Oppies - they did complain a bit about the talc.
Antony
N3348 & 3529

John M (Guest)

Hi Stu
I will post some previously loved neoprene ones to you.  Is your address in the NTOA book?
John Meadowcroft

STU W

Thank you John, that would be really appreciated by a lititle boy I can think of, will make his day. Yep my address is in the handbook, it's Stuart Walsh. And Antony, that's a great bit of advice about the gloves.. We will try it out. You mentioning Oppie sailing, Theo has only sailed once but he has already set his heart on an Oppie. Looks like a training course coming up next year! All I need to do now is convince my 12 yr old daughter to give up her mobile for a few hours and come sailing too.
thank you very much Gentlemen
Stuart.    n3246

duncan

Stu
I might not put the wee one in latex gloves, due to the allergic reaction they can cause in some people.  I am not an immunologist, but might not be a good idea to expose a wee one to latex.  There are disposable neoprene gloves available instead of latex ones & I have not come across any neoprene allergy problems.
Duncan
Duncan,  & still missing the (liquid) bar on the 10 tonner 

JOhn m (Guest)

Hi Stuart
Sorry for the delay.
Have found gloves, have found a jiffy bag.  Just needs a stamp and a post box....
John

STU W

Hi John, did you ever post off gloves. If not don't worry... Just thought about it as it's so cold outside
kind regards

John m

Hi Stuart
This hit the post box today.  finally.....
Hope they fit nice and snug.
Sorry for the delay.
See you somewhere when it is warmer
John

STU W

Received today, going to have one very excited son when he gets home tonight. He probably won't take them off till he goes to bed. Thank you very much.
definitely hope to see you around. Looking at events definitely planning on Brightlingsea and Harwich and if I've done them may as well qualify for the Gil series even if in last place:)

n12 Bottom Banner