National 12 - find out more...

N2938 Magnificat

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 26 Mar 2007, 06:17

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N2938 Magnificat. Design: Cheshire Cat, designed by: Michael Jackson in 1973
Previous boat names: Proctorpuss, Russian Blue.

Roly Mo

Magnificat was our first 12, bought in 1995.  She's a modified Cat (the foredeck isn't as 'domed' as some Cat's) and apart from some work to the underside of the gunwhales and regluing the transom to the floor she's needed little or no work.  Since her time with us she has been treated to 2 suits of sails (Paul Pelling's cast offs seem to suit her very well!) and a carbon boom and rudder, along with a dangly pole.

She sails beautifully, and has an excellent racing history on inland waters - having won the Naburn Paddle for the last 4 years.  She was last weighed in 1997 and the total weight then was 77kg.  She's a joy to sail, very responsive and most relaxing after Roly Mo!

John Meadowcroft

We have owned Magnificat having purchased from Roly Mo.

She is lovely to sail inland and we have enjoyed her on the river at Bourne End.  Photos are from the Open Meeting at Henley in 2009 - sailed by Antony Gifford and Juliet Brown.

Now for sale in February 2012 as we did not use Magnificat enough last summer.  Too many boats!

John Meadowcroft

John Meadowcroft

and more.  all photos by Jon Brown

Hunter

Magnificat was purchased from John on April 10th 2012 and will be going to Staunton Harold S.C Derbyshire.

johnk

On sale eBay May 2016

robbo

Yes it WAS - picking it up tomorrow Friday June 10th. planning on sailing it down the club at Severn (where chain lightning is sailed also) my wife has surprisingly agreed to crew for me having never done so before in the 48 year I've known her !! :o :-* Robbo

n12 Bottom Banner