National 12 - find out more...

Main Menu

N2507 Ole

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 19 Mar 2007, 12:58

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N2507 Ole. Design: China Doll, designed by: Phil Morrison in 1967

edwillett

Advertised on eBay August 2015. Located in Shoreham-by-Sea. Advert reads as follows :
The hull is in reasonable condition, sanded externally, with the foredeck, side decks and stern decking in place. It has been in dry storage for around 10 years.
 The centreboard case has been removed, but a drawing showing the dimensions will be supplied, along with a cd with pictures of the boat before being put into storage.
 There is an aluminium mast, centreboard, aluminium rudder stock and rudder blade. There is also a few other parts of rigging that might be re-used or replaced.
 It is being listed for 99p as I hope that someone will be interested in restoring it and using it in some way, even as a rowing dinghy (without the rig) for fun as it is too good to break up, but unfortunately this will have to happen if there is no interest.

gdar

Hi, I've just purchased Olé N2507 from a chap on eBay. She needs some (a lot) work before we can really work her. If anyone has any past history of N2507 and would like to share it I would be very grateful. Pictures to follow.

darebarry

This boat was built by Peter Gill and was sailed at Oxford Sailing Club. Peter was a good friend and very good sailor, he sailed this boat with much success and it will be good to see it sailing again.
Dare Barry

gdar

Hi Dare, thank you very much for taking the time to pass on your knowledge of N2507. Work is slow as I've spent the winter rebuilding my house so the work on Olé has taken a backseat. However, as spring arrives I hope to put some hours into the restoration. Thank you again.

n12 Bottom Banner