National 12 - find out more...

N3434 Red Herring

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 26 Mar 2007, 05:40

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3434 Red Herring.   Design: Baggy Trousers, designed by: Robert Peebles in 1980
Previous boat names: 12 Inches, Outlandish Words, Wide Blue Yonder, Red Herring, Something for the Weekend, prior to reverting to Red Herring.

George Smith

This is infact a foam sandwich boat as well I would know i own it. Great boat to sail a few minor glitches but that's because i'm fairly new to this 12 lark  :) if any one wants anymore info on the boat my e-mail address is georgesmith95@hotmail.co.uk

hairy dog

I am a previous owner of 3434 having bought it from the builder James ? and despite its number 3434 is a AC boat with a rear tank.  I believe the design is a slightly modified Baggy and has 'bumps' as the waterline is slightly narrow.

Un-named when I bought her I called 3434 'Outlandish Words'.

Trivia corner - I was told the original blue paint was left over from the ill fated catamaran 'Phillips'
get a Mungral up ya! :o

smight

3520: Divine Intervention

hairy dog

no.  tom bought 3434 from me!

hairy dog

JohnMurrell

First measured on 6.12.1999.

Tha hull was built by Chris Semple out of the Cheshire Dinghy & Dive mould, having sat around for a while Peter Bennett of Saltash bought the shell and decked it off in I believe DML, Pete was working for Chay Blyth's Challegne Business then. The speed bumps were put on in my garage when I measured her and found the rise of floor out!

The sails with the green N were the originals bought s/hand from P&B

smight

The top picture looks preety much how she looks now apart from the rear main and micro compass she'll be at burghfield next weekend for the racing

smight

Is the boat heavier than minimum weight is she light ?
do you have any other pictures of her you could e-mail me ?
georgesmith95@hotmail.co.uk

many thanks

smight

Last weekend she visted burghfield for the racing and we wern't last ;D infact 15/18 and guess where else she ended up http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/?article=135668
That's right yachts and yachting

smight

She does have a carbon boom but I think it was home made.

hairy dog

smight

She's going to be coming up for sale soon after a paint and varnish sesh anyone interested?

johnk

On eBay end time 11th Oct 2009

Tim Gatti

A couple of pics of John Chalker & Son sailing N3434 at Aldeburgh before Christmas

n12 Bottom Banner