National 12 - find out more...

N2930 Foxi

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 16 Mar 2007, 12:04

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N2930 Foxi.   Design: Cheshire Cat, designed by: Michael Jackson in 1973
Previous boat names: Foxi, Vagus, prior to reverting to original boat name of Foxi.

Chris Troth

Bought Foxi during the Easter Half term holiday of 2008, and keep her at Olton Mere, where there has been a surge in interest in 12 sailing. Sail her at least once a week - sometimes winning the odd race.
Chris

Chris Troth

Chris

We bought Foxi around about Easter 2009 and since then we have been sailing at Earlswood Lakes SC. The Cheshire Cat design is still proving reasonably quick and has undergone a makeover in the last couple of years, including a chnage of hull colour from green to red and extended toestraps for my young crew! This winter I've purchased some new sails to replace the 1981 suit that came with the boat. Hopefully that will speed us up a bit more!

BobM

Foxi is still going strong, sailing at Earlswood Lakes SC, although she is starting to show her age now. I carried out a fairly major repair on parts of the hull during summer 2016 as well as a re-paint and re-varnish and she lasted well through 2017, most recently sailing in the club boxing day race. Foxi is predominantly set up to single hand or sail with my youngest 'crewing'. Still quick at the club in lighter winds and great fun with my youngest daughter.

We also own and sail N3522 at Earlswood SC but the lack of water in the lake after late June  meant that sailing the 12's was somewhat curtailed during 2017.

Let's see what 2018 brings  :D

Scotty

N2930 was originally owned by Allen Cave who sailed her very well at Pitsford (Northampton SC) in the late 1970s. In those days she was dark green. I remember Allen sailing her particularly quickly in breezy conditions.

n12 Bottom Banner