National 12 - find out more...

N3262 Jammin

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 26 Mar 2007, 03:11

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3262 Jammin. Design: Crusader, designed by: Phil Morrison in 1981
Original boat name: Just Jammin.

Rob.e

Built at Porter Bros at the same time as 3259: I think they got Andy Turners mould and whilst building 3259 for Ken, Mike built this one for himself.

tomematthews

Hello all!
I'm now the proud owner of Jammin after her old owner, Gill Moore, moved to New Zealand. I used to race N3262 with Gill, and jumped at the chance to purchase the boat when Gill moved. Unfortunately she's been out of the water for the last 12 months (I'm at uni, so rarely have chance to sail her) but Summer 2009 sees us heading over to the Isles of Scilly for the entire summer, so plenty of sailing will be had! Can't wait!!

Tom

Rob.e

It says Amatuer build on the header,but Mike was in charge of the workshop at Porters when he built it, so a real craftsman and professional- the original finish was beauitiful, you've bought a good boat!

tomematthews

Brilliant! Good to know, thanks! Last summer she had a new paint job.... the decks are now cream with varnished gunwhales and strips... She looks beautiful, and will look even more so after I've given the hull a nice coat of paint this winter!

edwillett

Spotted whilst on holiday in the Isles of Scilly, now called "Fraggle" and resident on the small island of Bryher. Appears in good condition, all dry and no rot, and located in an absolutely idyllic place to sail!

n12 Bottom Banner