National 12 - find out more...

N1992 Pennog Goch

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 07 Feb 2007, 07:22

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N1992 Pennog Goch.  Design: Squid, designed by: Richard Roscoe in 1959
Original boat name: Alarum.

Informer

I was the proud owner of "Alarum" in the mid 1970's in my teenage years at Ripon Sailing Club. The boat was a beauty with built in bouyancy tanks, suit of banks sails and the original Proctor mast with diamonds. However she was rather heavy and did like to nosedive on a run!! Who was the builder? We aquired her from the George family from Redesmere Sailing Club. The boat was sold to teacher who lived in Leeds around 1978. if anybody has any further record of the boat it would be interesting to know anything of her history.
What sailing clubs has she belonged to and was she successful in her prime ? Who was the original owner?

edwillett

The first owner, in 1962 was an A.R. James from Brightlingsea. In 1964 the next owner is recorded as Dr M.I.Gurr of Bletchley, Bucks, who moved to Beford in 1967. Dr Gurr sold N1992 to an L.George from Adlington, Macclesfield in 1971 (when he acquired N2593) and N1992 is next recorded as being in the ownership of a G.J.W Crowther from Leeds in 1973. In 1976 N1992 is recorded as being owned by G.W. Garrard (not a member of the NTOA) and is still recorded as the owner into the 1990's although that may well be because the Class had no information from which to update the records. The builder is listed as a Jack Tue.

Kyle Carruthers

Current owner K. Carruthers from Dumfries,Scotland. Boat frequently sailed at Kirkcudbright with Stewartry Sea Cadets.
Previous owner to myself, from around 2012-2016 was a Mr T.W. Plummer who had refurbished the boat to a very high standard. The previous owner to 2012 was a Mr A Sexton.

n12 Bottom Banner