National 12 - find out more...

N402 Pixie

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 18 Mar 2007, 04:37

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N402 Pixie. Design: , designed by:  in

edwillett

Pixie is now in my ownership, but currently residing with Brian Herring where she will undergo a complete restoration. The pictures make her look better than she is but Brian assures me she is saveable! She came with two suits of Ratsey cotton sails, one dated 1956 and a very tatty set dated 1938 which I would guess date Pixie as being built in 1938. More pictures will be posted in time as work progresses.

edwillett

edwillett

edwillett

The restoration of Pixie progresses with the rotten keel and hog removed and the centreboard case temporarily removed to allow the interior to be cleaned up and new sections of keel and hog to be grafted in. Lots of putty and bitumen to be removed!

edwillett

more pics of progress

edwillett

Progress report on Pixie....hull cleaned up. New keel and hog fitted. Original centreboard case cleaned up, lightened and re-installed and thwart in place...starting to look rather pretty...

edwillett

Another view of Pixie..

edwillett

20th July 2016. The restoration of Pixie is complete and she is relaunched for a trial sail at Redesmere SC. Magnificent job by Brian Herring who reports that she is extremely lively!

martin 1262

Superb restoration Brian. 

n12 Bottom Banner