National 12 - find out more...

N3246 Grimley Fiendish

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 28 Mar 2007, 10:49

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3246 Grimley Fiendish. Design: Grimley Fiendish, designed by: Robert Peebles in 1986

Alex D

Bought in August 2006 having been stored in a barn for the last four years. Currently undergoing restoration ready for the spring. Currently Holt-Allen alloy mast / Superspars alloy boom. P&B and Ullman Sails. New Alverbanks on order.
Alex <br />(ex N3455, N3246)

Alex D

Winter re-paint 2007 pictures now in blue.
Alex <br />(ex N3455, N3246)

THG

Pics of boat at first Open Meeting;

THG

Stafford1977

Now based at West Mersea in Essex. Purchased from Paul in Derbyshire who saved her from the breaker's yard. Currently sporting what I believe to be the original mast, along with a carbon boom recycled from an I14 and an old set of dacron Alverbanks (with occasional Speed Sails jib). Undergoing winter revarnish and paint - will post some pictures when she's done.
Would be interested to hear more about her history if anyone has any info.
Now to find a new crew!

STU W

Just bought Grimley Fiendish to teach the kids how to sail. First 12 in around 10 years so need to get back to being fit....might be a struggle.
12's are for life not just for christmas.

StuW

Unfortunately, having not been sailed for a number of years Grimly Fiendish has been decommissioned.  I spent a morning boat bimbling and stripped all the fittings off her.
Bit of a sad day as she did get me back into sailing twelve again after a ten year break

n12 Bottom Banner