National 12 - find out more...

N3379 Eat My Shorts

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 23 Aug 2007, 08:13

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3379 Eat My Shorts.  Design: Crusader, designed by: Phil Morrison in 1981

Jsm74

Just picked up 'Eat my shorts', bought with intention of teaching our daughter how to sail and refreshing my dinghy knowledge, as I have been racing big boats for quite a while with only sporadic dinghy sailing.

I spent today setting it up on the drive to check everything over. Seems complete and up together with regards to rig and hardware, sadly the Hull needs more work than anticipated having been sat in a field for sometime.

Made a start stripping the patchy varnish and found a few areas of 'dark' soft wood, hopefully it will just require some routering and localised repairs, anything more and my expertise will let me down...

If all goes well we hope to be sailing it at Shearwater, which is part of the Longleat estate.

Simon

paul.r

Great to hear "eat my shorts" is still in one piece.  I built the boat with my father when I was 18, the second 12 I owned and a step up from the pipedream. I had a number of very successful seasons at club level.  I will try to dig out some pictures from the build and first sail.

n12 Bottom Banner