National 12 - find out more...

N3257 Simply Red

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 12 Feb 2007, 05:02

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3257 Simply Red. Design: Radical Posture, designed by: Robert Peebles in 1986

JohnMurrell

A Radical Posture design built by Gerry Ledger in 1986 for John Sears and placed 4th in the 1987 Burton Cup.

You can just about see the 'measurement bumps' - more like mountains really!

Grebesailor

Simply Red is currently at Chipstead - a very nice boat still but not really sailed regularly and needs a bit of a sort out, however would still be a good entry 12. Current owner needs either a crew or an interested party.

I agree with JM about the measurement bumps - are they the largest in the class or does someone else know better?

chopper

What can I say about Simply Red well when I was much younger and lighter I crewed in her in 1988 at Burton week never did get windy enough and it was a real slug in the light stuff (remeber seeing really badly sailed boats going past us like we were stuck in glue) all that said when the wind picked up enough to lift that heavy duty rocker she then started to play nice.
To sum it up good in a blow but no blow no go

all the Best Paul

chopper

I was hoping to get hold of this boat on ebay last night but got outbid by some toe rag 5seconds before auction close I HATE EBAY

Synergy Marine

Simply Red has had a winter overhaul and is now looking very good indeed. The boat was redecked, hull repaired and repainted late last year. The boat was eventually completed and back on the water at Waldringfield in June. She now sports an adjustable T-foil rudder, carbon mast and laminate sails. She's up for sale from Synergy Marine and would make a great introduction to the 12 fleet. 

Fred

Simply Red has a new home in France near Saint Malo. she needs to be rigging with new controls and tunings before sailing. I wish i will have some help to do that.
Fred

Aida

Bônjour,
Je suis un ancien propriétaire de National12 no3397 aida (database),je l'ai vendu l'année derniere par manque d'equipier mais je suis toujours interesse par ce fabuleux Ä'eriveur.
Si je peux  vous aider pour votre greement ?.....
Cỏdialement .
Cren pierrick

Fred

Saint Cast août 2016

n12 Bottom Banner