National 12 - find out more...

Northampton SC Inlands, Gul Finale!

Started by Thomas Stewart, 06 Oct 2019, 08:09

« previous - next »

Thomas Stewart

The Inland Champs and Gul Finale are on the 2nd and 3rd November. Northampton Sailing Club want us to enter online, there is a £5 discount for those that do. The web address is Northamptonsailingclub.org
On Saturday night there will be the usual Gul prizes and fireworks.

Thomas Stewart

All documents are now available on the Northampton sailing club website under calendar / open meetings. The £30 entry fee is available to buy online until Weds 30th October, after which it increases to £35.

There will be the usual Gul series prizegiving on Saturday evening, followed by fireworks and a disco with food available from the galley all weekend.

Camping is free but please book in with the club beforehand.

Looking forward to seeing you there. Briefing at 11.30am on Saturday, first race of 3 back to back at 12.30pm.

angus

I'm still looking for a crew if anybody is interested.

All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Kevin

Is the rugby going to be screened at the club before the sailing? I don't particularly want to have to miss the first race by having to stay at home to see the game.

John m

I too wish to watch the rugby.

With a 1200 first race that should be possible.  If not watching it at the club we will need to find somewhere local to host us.  I believe they are called pubs!

angus

Kevin

Hmm! Not sure being in a pub before going sailing is a good idea ....... especially with a Scottish crew!  :-\

StuW

Andrea

Your Scottish crew could always helm if you get carried away on the pop  ;)

angus

Is there not a saying 'behind every good helm is a great Scottish crew'. Speaking of which as I have singularly failed to find a crew but am committed to coming I am available to crew, although sadly I possibly to not quite fit into the great Scottish crew category!

Kevin

Angus, I usually find my Great Scottish Crew in front of me ......

angus

Yes that probably helps. But maybe not tomorrow if you enjoy yourself too much in the pub before hand ;)

Kevin

Thanks to everyone at Northampton for a great weekend. The fact we were able to sail all 6 races, albeit not quite to the original schedule, is a testament to the quality of the organisation and flexibility the club was willing to show.

Thanks too to GUL for sponsoring the series for the past 4 (5?) years. Their gear is the best I have used. Sorry to learn they feel the need to move on.

Congratulations to Graham and Zoe on winning the GUL finale, the Inland Championship and the GUL series.

Kevin N3527

n12 Bottom Banner