National 12 - find out more...

N2663 Green Pinnacle

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 02 Jul 2008, 03:19

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N2663 Green Pinnacle. Design: Paper Dart, designed by: Phil Morrison in 1972
Original boat name: Pinnacle.

Chadders

I have just aquired this boat and although she has a damaged hull I am hoping to do the repairs and have her sailing again next season, if she is as quick as my other Paper Dart I will struggle to know which one to sail!  Bought essentially for spares she is too good to scrap, sorry Mrs C I will get the home jobs done too I promise!

Chadders

Repairs all done and its still this season!She has now moved ownership to Mike Cox who will hopefully get his sailing gear out again and sail her at our home club Yeadon.

Chadders

So having saved this boat from the scrap heap in 2010 and sold her on for a very low amount she was sailed intermittently by Mike Cox for a year or two before he then sold her to two of our new members who  treated her to a new cover but didn't really get to grips with her on the water and finally sold her to  our club Secretary Andrew.  He sailed her for a couple of seasons or so until he got a D8 and took her home for some minor repairs.  After negotiating a deal involving food  and drink I now have her back again.  I have a few jobs to  do  on her but hope to  get her back on the water in 2019 if my aged knees can stand the strain.   Just goes to show you cant keep a good  Paper Dart down and yes my beloved Starfish Triarda (2266) is well and warm in our garage.

Chadders

Green Pinnacle is moving to another owner and now resides with Tony Dufton at Yeadon Sailing Club where she will be used in conjunction with his D8, well we do all like multi Twelve ownership.

n12 Bottom Banner