National 12 - find out more...

Derwent Handicap May 18th / Vintage Champs May 19th TVSC

Started by davidpeacock, 19 Apr 2019, 08:57

« previous - next »

davidpeacock

Your Vintage Champs Needs You!
We have a new venue at Trent Valley Sailing Club and a lot of effort is being put in to make it a fun weekend. Access to the club has been improved with the re surfacing of the road and you can now get there without disappearing down a pot hole. There's the Derwent Handicap, food and a skittles night, real ale, overnight camping on the beautiful lawn, breakfast, the Vintage Champs and a Concours d'Elegance. The event is combined with an open meeting on the Sunday and you compete in that as well.
Are you coming?

angus

All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

martin 1262

Sorry can't make it this year as family is away have a great time

paul turner

Greetings! 24 days to go and we already have some entries! Dave Peacock, John Sears, Brian Herring and Graham Camm have indicated that they are coming along, as too have Gerald Copsey (to sail Mr Jones) and James Dalby (TVSC Laser star!) in Shotgun. And Angus Beyts is travelling all the way from darkest Scotland to join us. We would like to get to double figures and don't forget that the Sunday is also a Midland Area Open for all boats. I still have a few clinker yots awaiting (competent!) helms and if you would like to sail one of the Turner Collection please let me know asap - just awaiting Patrick Hamilton's reply about N2524. Starfish and Smuggler are still in the barn. Sadly I won't be sailing; not yet recovered enough (but hope to be ok for NWNW!). Px  8)

paul turner

This has just gone out to all TVSC members:

National 12 Vintage Championships

The National 12 Vintage (i.e. wooden clinker boats) Championships are being held at Trent Valley for the first time on Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th May 2019.

The format will be as follows:

Saturday - there will be three races (briefing at 12:30 and first race at 13:00) and the scoring by "Derwent Handicap". The first race is scratch and the times are taken to work out a handicap system for the second and third races, which will be pursuit races. The slowest boat in the first race will start first in the second and third and the fastest goes off last. The aim is to have each race running for an hour and if the handicapping goes to plan all the boats will finish the last two races at the same time!

Roger Briton is the race officer assisted by Paul Turner, and Megan Derrick; Christine Preston will also help with "meet 'n greet". The rescue boat will be on the water for the RYA training (hence the later start time for the racing) and any volunteers to assist launching, flags etc (or even just to watch!) will be more than welcome.

On Saturday night there will be a Club Social Night being Skittles and a buffet - more info later.

Sunday - this will also be a Midland Area Open Meeting with all the boats, vintage and modern starting together. There will be prizes for both the Open Meeting and the Vintage boats.

First race will be at 11:00 with the second before lunch and the third immediately afterwards.

paul turner

Just been asked cost of entry fees at VinChamps. Saturday £10, Sunday £15. Camping free. Bargain! Px :)

paul turner

Greetings! We seem to have eight confirmed entries with one more possible. We really would like to get to double figures and there are still one or two Turner Collection vintage yots awaiting helms. Both Starfish and Smuggler were extracted from storage yesterday with the help of John Sears and are resting on trailers ready to sail! RSVP! Px  :-*

Carbonara

Hi Paul
I hope you got my email from work but just to confirm I will be attending with Gail Kaye as crew if there is a boat available.
Cheers
Patrick Hamilton

paul turner

Thank you to all who came along and supported the event whether sailing, organising, helping or just gongoozerling. Nine clinker boats out on the Saturday and 10 all-comers on the Sunday. Think it all went well even if there was not a lot of wind. There will be a full report very soon. To make certain that everyone who has a vintage N12 keeps the dates clear in their diaries we will get the dates out very much sooner - no excuses! Px  8)
PS N2524 Ethelred (a China Doll what my Dad bought for me in 1970 is now officially up for sale - I've got the original China Doll) :'(

Carbonara

Thanks for the loan of the boat Paul and to all involved at TVSC in putting on a very enjoyable event.
Patrick

NTOACertification

Please see link below to the FLICKR Album of Photos from The Vintage event on saturday at TVSC.

More pics will be added as I process them. and Sunday will be on another Album link which I will advise later.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmDqNvoT 

Kevan

NTOACertification

Some Sunday pictures added see  new Link

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmBrm352 

Kevan

NTOACertification

If you have tried to view the pictures on Flickr they are currently doing maintenance and a major upgrade to their site.  If you are a Flickr member you see a black and white Panda with a detailed explanation and timeline.  If you are not a member you apparently just see a sad Panda!!  Not very informative!
Hopefully the site will be back up shortly.
Kevan

NTOACertification

FLICKR now up and running again  above links now working.

I am adding some more sunday pics today.

Kevan

NTOACertification

with all the FLICKR chaos now seemingly sorted some of you might have got fed up with trying to view the sunday Gallery!

The link below is still valid

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmBrm352[/size] 

n12 Bottom Banner