National 12 - find out more...

Free boat to a worthy owner

Started by grazz, 09 Nov 2018, 12:29

« previous - next »

grazz

One of our long standing N12 members is no longer able to sail and is offering his wooden Final Chapter for free to a worthy new owner. This could be a younger sailor, an up-and-coming new member or a club. If you are interested, or know someone who might be, please email the NTOA chair.

Boat details: Final Chapter wood built by Dare Barry Sound condition, dry stored
All gear. Good cover, launching trolley and double trailer

chopper

Hi really interested in the national 12 I have restored several in the past and could offer it a good home with me in Essex would sail with my 9 year old daughter
Regards Paul Berry
Tel 07960874365

grazz

Update - Boat no longer available as has gone to a family member. Thank you to everyone who replied.

darebarry

Hi. I would be interested to know which pudding this is. Thanks Dare

Nicholas O'CAllen-Smith

As somebody now of pensionable age, but had my first N12 in 1968, N2135, I've since had a number of what are now termed as Vintage boats. I've had a number with good racing pedigrees, particularly Cinzano which I dearly wish I hadn't sold, and one owned by Peter Nicholson of Camper and Nicholson,  and I'm now looking for another wooden Vintage, preferably built before 1970.
What frustrates me is that a dinghy class with such a wide design structure, often involving some of the most important names in marine design, is allowed to fade away. I'm also into classic cars and motorbikes and neither of those worlds would allow an important design such as the National 12 to basically disappear as it got older.

grazz

Dear Nicolas
Have you looked at the For Sale board (see link at top of page) as there are a couple of vintage boats on there? Otherwise I can put you in touch with our rep for the Vintage section of the class who may know of others which might be available.

Best wishes
Zoe 

N3530 & N3284

n12 Bottom Banner