National 12 - find out more...

Scottish Championships Solay Firth Yacht Club 23rd 24th September

Started by angus, 10 Sep 2017, 04:34

« previous - next »

angus

Who's coming out to play at this unique event with sea sailing on the Saturday and river sailing on Sunday. Plus the fact it is well known that the big boys (Camms and stewarts and a Like) are to scared to venture this far north so it is a good opportunity to improve your GUL standing.
Also it is probably the only event that you could possibly get arrested for harassing sheep, just ask local boy Ian Purkis who got so lost on the Palnackie race he ended up in a field of sheep! Ian is looking after the infamous ladybird book of sailing at the moment!
Looking forward to seeing you all there.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Marks

We're going, hope there's more than just us and Angus!

MMG

Afraid that I will not be bringing Boatyard Dog (N3495) down to play.

Carbonara

Hi
I was hoping to be there but I'm afraid I cant make it.
Look forward to seeing everyone at Ripon on 7th October.
cheers
Patrick N3502

AntonyG

Sadly it clashes with the Zone Champs again so we will be at Loch Lomond.. sorry to have missed it both the years we have lived in Scotland.  Poor N3348 has not left the shed since we arrived - except to move shed.

Antony

Paul B

My wife and I will bring our new to us china doll.

Our first N12 event together.

Looking forward to it.

angus

We will miss you Patrick and Antony (and everybody else who is not coming). Look forward to meeting you Paul.

angus

A great weekend. Many thanks to Ian Purkis and Solway yacht club for providing a great event right down to providing heavy rain just after we came off the water on Sunday to ensure all the salt was washed off our boats and kit! I also must thank all those people who sat out on Saturday allowing me to win the Mariners Mug. Mr. Bill and my crew revelled in the conditions even if the poor old man in the back of the boat struggled a bit! Congratulations to our chairman for carrying home (I doubt if he is home yet) the Lady bird book. He travelled 340 miles just to go for a coffee on Saturday! Well done to Mark and Toby for winning the event, it was great to see Toby back sailing and mad keen.

n12 Bottom Banner