National 12 - find out more...

Rutland

Started by StuW, 26 Jun 2017, 06:56

« previous - next »

StuW

I want to pre book for the 12 fest at Rutland but the only way to do it appears to be bank transfer. Problem is, being old and old fashioned, I don't do Internet banking and all that malarkey. Does anybody know any alternative payment methods I could use.
Help

Chris Day

I think Janet's already been in touch, but just to confirm we're happy for you to enter online and send a cheque to the NTOA.

Cheers,

Chris

David Copse

Hi all,

I wonder if someone is able to clarify for me please...

The 12Fest poster states camping is available on site and the recently emailed Latest Chapter states that "Camping at Rutland SC is also free".
However, the Rutland SC website states "The lease we have with our landlord doesn't allow any overnight stays, camping or motor homing within the club grounds. The campsite opposite the club is owned by a local farmer which will take motor homes, caravans and tents. Spaces must be booked in advance and are on a first come first serve basis. To book contact the farmer via his website  http://www.rutlandwatercampsite.co.uk."

Cheers,

David

3457 Ebba

John m

Sorry we have a breakdown in communication here. No camping on site.  The Latest Chapter is wrong

The Campsite is essentially the overflow car park for the club.  Email is nem@clara.co.uk as per the website

It is not free.  Campsite has no facilities, it is a case of using the club.

John

David Copse

Thanks John,

Campsite booked.  :)

David
3457 Ebba

StuW

Having pre booked on the basis of free camping can this be clarified, can I camp in the overflow car park and is it free or do I have to book in the farmers field?.

Kevin

Have to say I am also totally confused on the camping front. Surely it's not that difficult to say where it is, how much (if anything) it will cost, and how to book. Also, what catering and facilities will be available and when. In other words, regular open meeting housekeeping stuff!

andymck

To clarify about camping.
It is on the campsite opposite.
Usually best to book via the club or link above.
The charge for camping reflects the lack of facilities it's cheap. We use it every year for our family week and it's fine.
The club will provide a code to get into the changing rooms after hours.
The alternative are the bunk rooms.
Shame we don't have a 12 anymore. The weekend looks fun.

Andy
Andy Mck<br />3529

andymck

At this time of year the club usually does Friday steak night. Saturday food all day. Sunday food all day.
Whoever is liaising with the club needs to check, especially if you want the bar available on Saturday evening.
The wheatsheef is open again after a fire last year.
Andy Mck<br />3529

Thomas Stewart

Great weekend at Rutland. Thank you to all those who helped and organised us. Steve Irish's coaching was brilliant and Med's races today were excellent, a really good weekend.
To those who 12 fested but don't come to Gul events, Gul events are a bit like that but without the coaching but you get to win prizes.

Thank you Meds

Tom

Neal

Seconding Tom's post,  superb weekend and huge thanks to Meds to organising and running.
3271 & 3501

3513SL

Great weekend and fantastic to see some new faces!

N12 - 3198, 3513, 3551

Kevin

What the three above said, plus thanks to Isobel for enabling me to have some fun by looking after the pointy end of my boat!

StuW

Great weekend, great sailing. Shame the bar wasn't open Saturday night but a great venue.
Brilliant coaching and racing. Learned loads and my crew loved every minute of it and is a lot more comfortable and confident in the boat.
Any informal results for Sunday's racing. Want to know if I won the wooden spoon 😳

n12 Bottom Banner