National 12 - find out more...

Milton Keynes SC 12 Open 18th June

Started by smilie, 14 May 2017, 07:05

« previous - next »

smilie

Yup it's also most that time of year for our yearly 12 open.

The plan hasn't changed 3 races starting before the club fleet all for the princely sum of £5.

Briefing 10:30

First race 11 o'clock

Lunch with race 2 and 3 to follow.

So who's thinking of coming along?
Smilie

The futures bright the future is rivers and lakes

paul turner

Yo Smilie. "Cheshire Cat" intends being there with its minder and crew! What time do you expect racing to finish? I only ask coz got to be back in Derby for 18:00! Px  8)

Chris Troth

Chris

smilie

Will be good to see you both  :D

Last year I think we ran the last two races back to back to be off the water by 4 o'clock. If needs be and everyone is happy we might be able to wrap up sooner than that.

smilie

Hello

Just a bit of an update.

Milton Keynes SC changing rooms have been under going refurbishment unfortunately the project has over run. This means only the disabled toilet will be available and the changing rooms should be available for changing only but the showers will not be. Other than this the running of the open meeting will be unaffected.

On another note we are planning to offer bacon butties for rigging and plenty of cakes for tea time.

see you on the 18th June

Smilie

smilie

Morning Yoteeez

Due to a number of factors including the MKSC changing rooms being out of action the 12 open tomorrow has been postponed till the 30th July.

See you all in July

Smilie

andy 3344

Aaaargh!  Had just packed the boat up too!  At least I checked before we left.  :)

smilie

Hello Andy

Sorry I didn't realize you were planning on coming along, I hope postponing the event hasn't messed up your weekend plans to much.

To make it up to everyone we planning a sausage sizzle for lunch on 30th.

How are you getting on with Ella BTW?

Smilie

andy 3344

Yes, it was a last minute decision to come as we still need to pick our days.  As it turns out Sunday was completely devoid of wind here in Bristol so maybe not so great in MK either.

Ella is going well for a slightly tatty 27 year old racing dinghy.  We won our Wednesday evening series race tonight and to the delight of my son we're temporarily leading the series (won't last)!

30th July is possible for us; I'll keep an eye on the forecast  :)

Andy

smilie

Yeah it turned out to be a good call in the end as the wind never really showed up in MK as well. The good thing I got few jobs done on the other boat.

Good to near you are getting on well with Ella, I remember her when Nigel Waller had her and she's a well built ship.

paul turner

Yo Smilie! Assume meeting still on for Sunday 30th? Christine & I intend to be there. Cheers, Paul N2750 ("the" Cheshire Cat)  8)

Chris Troth

Unfortunately now Bouncer's mast is in 2-piece form, it looks like I won't make it to this one. :(
Chris

smilie

Yup it's all still on, changing rooms finished but I'm not sure I can promise a BBQ lunch.

Sorry to hear news about the your mast Chris hopfully it won't be to long till it's fixed.

Do we have anymore takers?

Chris Troth

Mast back together and crew sorted so I shall see you on Sunday after all.
Chris

smilie

Brilliant Chris look forward to seeing you and Bouncer on Sunday. I have also heard rumours Gerald will be coming along as well so there should be some good racing. Shame the weather is going to be a bit dodgy though can only hope windguru is wrong about the rain.

n12 Bottom Banner