National 12 - find out more...

Salcombe Gul Series event

Started by Carbonara, 06 Apr 2016, 01:42

« previous - next »

JerryG

The Y&Y report (and the earlier one for the RHYC event) are an excellent demonstration of one of the virtues of the Twelve: family involvement.  All the leading boats were husband & wife or parent and child combinations.  How many other high performance dinghies can boast that?

There is one disadvantage in teaching your children to sail.  The period from when they can usefully handle a jib sheet until they leave school (and usually home) is quite short.  At one time Margaret and I each had a dinghy, mine a Twelve and hers a Graduate and our two boys crewed for us.  Then the older boy went to university, the younger took over the Grad (and became junior champion) and Margaret started crewing the Twelve.  When the older boy returned to this area he was married, had his own yacht and I get given a list each spring of the races where he expects me to be one of his crew!

Helen Lloyd

Thank you everybody who came along and made it such a great weekend. Well done Tom and team for your win. Of course the sun came out as you drove home through Loddiswell, but at least the Saturday gave us a taste of Salcombe in the sun. I have given SYC some feedback regarding streamlining the entry forms and meal booking but do feel welcome to contact them direct. Look forward to seeing you all again soon. We hope to go a bit faster now Rosie W has tweaked and tune our boat... watch out she did the same for Reg too.   

n12 Bottom Banner