National 12 - find out more...

Burwain meeting 7th or 8th May?

Started by Carbonara, 15 Apr 2016, 01:26

« previous - next »

Carbonara

Hi
Burwain Sailing Club are very happy to welcome the N12 fleet for an open meeting but have to run this alongside other events in the club sailing programme. A club team racing event has had to be rescheduled and it looks like it will be run on 8th May. It would be better if we could run the N12 open with the normal format racing on Saturday 7th May. Please could anyone who is thinking of coming let me know if they can still make it if we re-arrange for Saturday 7th May.

Thanks
Patrick

Chadders

Hi Patrick. Just wondering if the decision has been made as to which day this will be on yet!   Thanks. Howard

Why can`t you . . ?

Either or for us. Attendance likely but not guaranteed.

Carbonara

Hi all
The majority decision is to stick with Sunday 8th may. The club team racing event has been rescheduled anyway. We have eight boats confirmed. Didn't notice until now that we are clashing with Trent valley. Sorry Paul. I think Brian Herring is the only vintage sailor who might be torn between the two.
Patrick

paul turner

Hang on you guys.

Seniority and all that; we have been running N12 meetings since the 1930s.

Brian can probably confirm this....  8)

Chadders

Hi looking good for Sunday 8th in my vintage boat then do we have a start time yet please?  Not sure that TVSC is vintage anyway I thought it was 4 plank and Midlands?  Sorry Paul but I do have the September vintage series event in my diary honest I do!

Chadders

Re checked the fixtures TVSC is not a vintage event but neither is Burwain so the weather may dictate which boat I bring Triarda from the garage or Squidgy from Yeadon.  Either way Helen will be in the front seat.

Carbonara

Hi all
Planning to have the first race at 12 noon ,a bit later than normal to fit in with club races, so no need to rush. Can do one race then two after lunch or a larger number of shorter races if competitors prefer that format. Food will be available. Probably Chilli con carne with rice or a selection of baked potatoes with fillings/salad. If you would be going for a vegetarian option please let me know.
According to the BBC weather forecast it will be a lot warmer next weekend.
Look forward to seeing everybody.
Patrick

N3244 - Why Cant You

We are planning to be there, Patrick. Attempted to pre-register via the BSC website but the N12 event does not appear as an option in a required field.

Chris & Ben

Chadders

What a great meeting this was with wind and sun. Four races all hotly contested on some great courses supplemented by excellent food and hospitality.  Big thank you to all at Burwain for organising a fantastic days racing especially Patrick Hamilton who also won the event with his local crew.  Look forward to reading a report in due course and most importantly to coming back next year we hope.  Now looking forward to the next Northern (And Vintage) event at Yorkshire Ouse.

n12 Bottom Banner