National 12 - find out more...

Salcombe Gul Series event

Started by Carbonara, 06 Apr 2016, 01:42

« previous - next »

Carbonara

Any volunteers for crewing at the forthcoming Gul event at Salcombe? Comfortable boat. Safe driver.

Patrick Hamilton

Helen Lloyd

Hi folks 
We are very much looking forward to the N12 Gul open at Salcombe. We have set up a meal for £16.50 pp, 2 courses , coffee and mints for 7 p.m. on Saturday. Child sized portions will have a reduced price and there will be a veggie option. Pasties on the beach are available for £2.50 each but must be pre-ordered by Wed 27th ( is this pasty gate???) with a phone call or e mail to Jools in the bar. On the bank holiday Monday after racing there are complimentary cheesy chips in the bar before the big drive home. The recent Merlin silver tiller had some lovely estuary sailing on the Saturday with sunshine.
I'll keep my eye out for a crew for you Patrick but also if any visitors have a spare that is very useful as our lot are now at uni.
See you on the water Para Docs

N3244

Entry fee paid, crew appointed, & campsite selected . . . N3244 should appear beneath N3271 on the entry list soon.  (Builder Arnot Dobson well represented!)

Chris & Ben

Helen Lloyd

HI On the look out for crews amongst the local cadets and ladies that launch but meanwhile any keen visitors please get in touch with Patrick.
We will do a bit of pasty and ice cream testing this weekend and report back
Para docs

Carbonara

Hi Helen
Thanks for looking out for crews. Rosie White has volunteered to sail with me so sorted now. Look forward to seeing you in sunny Salcombe.
cheers
Patrick

Antony G

House booked and boat entered.  Now just need the sun to show up and one of the boys to agree to sail rather than play rounders with aunty.

Helen Lloyd

Hi Looking forward to seeing you in Salcombe. Evie Booth one of our cadets ( keen Terra helm)  is really keen to crew over the weekend.  Patrick now has a crew so before I let Evie know that he is sorted does any one else need a crew? Mike H often puts in a request .
See you in sunny Salcombe.
Para docs   

rosie

Patrick is now not able to come for family reasons so I need a helm or someone who is willing to crew for me in a paper dart.

alann

Hi Rosie
It looks like I am not going to have a crew for salcombe If you would like to crew for me that would great
Your Mum has my phone number
Alan

Neal

All clear(ish) from medical profession yesterday so looking forward to being back on the water next weekend :-)
3271 & 3501

Helen Lloyd

Remember to order pasties by Wednesday for Sunday lunch on the beach. Good to hear you are fit to sail Neal , look forward to the sail . Lovely in the harbour on Saturday hardly any moored boats so lots of room for 12s to play.
Reg rew may have a boat to lend .
See you on the water
Paradocs

Helen Lloyd

For those not sailing there is lots going on in Plymouth with the start of the transat race, fireworks, air displays, music etc. and lots of yachts!
see you soon

Mandy

Hi all

I have just heard from Jools that the deadline for booking supper on Saturday evening is today and so far she has only had reservations from 4 people.  Probably worth dropping her a line.  Her email is Jools@salcombeyc.org.uk

See you all at the weekend
Mandy x

Sophie Mackley

Lovely to catch up with lots of people in Salcombe and it looked like a great event with the full range of Spring weather conditions!

Here are some pics i took: https://www.flickr.com/photos/14419007@N07/albums/72157667711151091

Chris Day

Great photos Sophie!

The report is now up on the Y&Y website:

http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/189187/Gul-National-12-Series-at-Salcombe

Don't forget the date of the Salcombe Autumn Open Meeting has changed to 8th-9th October. Salcombe are planning to some champs style races out at sea which was great last year so don't miss it!

Chris
N3526

n12 Bottom Banner