Started by National 12 Webmaster, 15 Mar 2007, 08:09

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N1851 Yer Tiz. Design: Mark 9, designed by: Ian Proctor in 1959

Boat broken up during 2014

Richard White

For sale on E-bay. Looks good..........

benb

Yer Tiz has just moved into my garage in Essex. My first Twelve since about 2003/4 I think. She needs some TLC and little bit of work to get her looking at her best again and once completed she will be sailing on the opposite side of the River Blackwater to Chopper. 
If anyone has any photos of Mk 9's id be interested in seeing them. 
Cheers  
Ben

benb

Hopefully some pictures!

Tim Gatti

Hi Ben - thanks for the photos. She looks in pretty good shape for a 50 year old.

benb

Today's update - very disappointed to find quite a bit of rot in the hog and keel near the transom.  The bottom of the transom is not too great either - you can just see the area covered in mirco ballons in the last picture but it goes right the way across to the opposite transom flap. Should be able to cut it out carefully and replace with new wood.
Time to get the 'real' power tools out.

benb

Poor old Yer Tiz - Today I turned her over to remove the screws that hold the plate case in and found that it had been attached with steel screws 99% of which have completely rusted. On top of that there's lots of rot all along the join between the keel and hog.  I have taken the decision to take the keel off like Brian / Ed have done with Water Nymph. This will allow me to work out how bad the hog is and hopefully repair it. Perhaps my target of sailing YT next spring is now looking optimistic but hopefully it will be worth all the effort!

benb

A picture of the deck removed (roughly) - i it took it just before Christmas. I managed to strip a plank back to bare wood today which was the most progress I've made since Dec due to the weather.

benb

I had this photo sent to me by Mark, a previous owner it was taken in 1963 at Ranelagh. Mark also sent me some other photos from a few years back just after he had repainted and revarnished YT. 

Thanks Mark

johnk

This picture was taken in June 1960 at Upnor.

n12 Bottom Banner