National 12 - find out more...

Y&Y Boat review of N12

Started by rick perkins, 05 Oct 2006, 02:09

« previous - next »

rick perkins

Nice bit of coverage in the mag ... I havn't read it yet but the pictures look nice.

Rick
regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

Jimbo42

Hi Rick! Any chance of an online link on this one?

Jim N3130 (Why not wood?)

THG

Talking of which, Y&Y are updating their annual review of the racing classes - is this being taken care of for the 12s?

Kean
THG

rick perkins

The review is in this weeks magazine - you will have to go and buy a copy.

The Racing CLasses Review is being done now - here is the link.

http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/?article=23571

Usually completed by the secretary - Musto Skiff one is done already.

Rick
regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

rick perkins

Read it now - very posative bit of PR for the class ...
regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

Antony (Guest)

And very decent of Tom to take the time away from work to do what was basically a piece of class PR.  I know they are in the business but I think that sort of stuff is far more beneficial to the class than to P&B.

Antony

THG

If the RYA / ISAF changes mean we drop our National name perhaps we could become the P&B 12 - aka Musto Skiff   ;D  ;D

THG

James Taylor

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  Cornwall don't you just love it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Drove all the way into town at lunch time to get the NEW YACHTS and YACHTING went in to a well known newsagents and they have got the old one out >:( . Asked the assitent if they had the new one and was told if they haven't got it out, then it is not out yet.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Will have to wait until I got to Falmouth tomorrow now.

Not Fair :X

James & Emma
3304 & 3402

Border Control (Guest)

James,

Just think yourself lucky, most places you pay to get into, Cornwall charges you to get out..........

I suppose that at least you get your passports stamped though!

Off to get new knees and than a new boat.

John

rick perkins

Has the boat in the test got transom flaps?

Are these used on modern boats?

Rick
regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

James Taylor

Boarder Control

Would like to point out that you don't pay to get out of Cornwall you pay to get in to Devon but if you go the otherway is freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

Border Control (Guest)

James,

heard on the local radio that the Cornish language version of Y&Y is being held in Custom - they believe that the article on Twelve's is subversive material and something that the Duchy ( and especially Saltash, sorry Tommo and Kath ) shouldn't be exposed to, too much excitement and all that!

HM Customs & Revenue

James Taylor

Thats ok then I only want a english version as I am from Devon and can't read cornish !!
James

John Meadowcroft

Tom's boat does have transom flaps.  The idea is to make sure that the water only goes out rather than comes in at an inopportune moment.  You don't need them apart from at the inopportune moments.....  When double bottoms first appeared nobody had them, but experience at inopportune moments saw them quickly gain popularity.  The other thing that is good to have is some garden netting to keep the mainsheet from being washed out the back of the boat.

meds.

rick perkins

I see - I had wondered as when we launch we get loads of water in as I tend to get in over the stern ...

Hinges as the top or sides?

Rick
regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

n12 Bottom Banner