Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

MikeDay

John Meadowcroft

JohnMurrell

rick perkins

[quote by=John_Meadowcroft link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1169288680,s=2 date=1169410915]jib boom.
[/quote]

It's in the above .... looks like I have added it all up OK then ...

So if the rule was simplified to a sailing weight then I guess 87kgs would be the figure.

Would that not be simper?

Rick

regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

JohnMurrell

Rick,

Don't forget that a jib boom isn't the same as a jib pole!

I am sure that a jib boom is heavier that a pole - Meds over to you on that one!

rick perkins

[quote by=John_Murrell link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1169288680,s=5 date=1169453274]Rick,

Don't forget that a jib boom isn't the same as a jib pole!

[/quote]

err .... what is the difference?

regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

Little gee (Guest)

rick perkins

regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

Jimbo41

Ahhhh Rick!

You've never 'eard of the measurers? They come out in their clinker boats with Seagull outboards and grappling 'ooks an' first thing you know an' they're over yo' gunwhales an' you're boarded like. Then they start to work, gleamin' in the eye....

If you're not playing ball, then it's glug glug glug........

Remember lad "Nobody expects the measurers...."

Ask John Murrell where he keeps 'is Seagull like... ;)

Jim.

JohnMurrell

Ah ha, me thinks that spot measuring during Salcombe Week sounds like fun, 3470 being the first victim? And James my dear fellow, don't forget what comes oout de bak of seagulls.................

JohnMurrell

Rick,

A jib stick attaches to the clew of the jib, used off the wind and as most Twelves run them up the mast ( a dangly pole!) actually replace Barber haulers and give enhanced jib twist control.

A Jib Boom whilst effectively doing the same thing is fitted to and rotates around the stem fitting. How do they work? Not sure, Kev Driver spent hours explaining it to me when he was building Big Issue and Malcolm also tried to explain it again on the beach during Salcombe Week - I never did get it! Though I believe that Gavin is having a go with his F'in Boat!

rick perkins

[quote by=John_Murrell link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1169288680,s=11 date=1169475157]Rick,

A jib stick attaches to the clew of the jib, used off the wind and as most Twelves run them up the mast ( a dangly pole!) actually replace Barber haulers and give enhanced jib twist control.

A Jib Boom whilst effectively doing the same thing is fitted to and rotates around the stem fitting. How do they work? Not sure, Kev Driver spent hours explaining it to me when he was building Big Issue and Malcolm also tried to explain it again on the beach during Salcombe Week - I never did get it! Though I believe that Gavin is having a go with his F'in Boat![/quote]

Ah; I see. Not many people are using them I guess ...

regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

Mikey C

Carbon Toys for fast girls and boys!

//www.aardvarkracing.co.uk

John Meadowcroft

i came up with some more...

bailer/bucket
sponge