National 12 - find out more...

N2134 Pippin

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 20 Mar 2007, 06:57

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N2134 Pippin. Design: Smuggler, designed by: Uffa Fox in 1959

THG

I know Pippin sailed at Porthpean Burton week 2006.

Now up for sale on eBay and in need of repair (April 2007).

Here are some pics
THG

Richard

We. Matt and I rescued Pippin from a back garden in Bristol. It had been abandoned and left to fill with water. It had a green high tide mark on the inside at the same level as the top of the plate case.Eventually the weight of the water seperated the platecase from the hog.
A new platecase, new decks and some new sails and we had a first class classic Twelve. We did many opens with some very good results, even picking up a couple of Pots. The last time we saild Pippin was the Burton week a Porthpean.
Now awaiting repairs, when I get time.........

The bottom picture above is not Pippin.  
(NTOA note: Picture looks to be N2131 Illusion - see N2131 post of February 5, 2007)

Phil Brown

For sale on ebay
<br />Phil Brown<br /><br />N 3518

ken goddard

While thumbing through my sailing scrapbook I noted this item showing that "Pippin" was a competitor in the 1967 Brixham Y.C. Regatta. See programme below.
Ken Goddard N.2300

beachedblastit

Many thanks to Chris Cox, Pippin has now passed to my very grateful hands.
After some decorating and time honoured bimbling I will be using her to teach my two offspring how to sail and hopefully reminding my wife what she has missed.
Soon to be beached no more.
Nigel Reece (2134)
I'd rather be sailing.  

beachedblastit

Decorating has turned into somewhat of a rebuild, so she is not on the water yet. I have almost reached the stage of fitting cleats, fairleads and control lines and would welcome any advice.
What do I need to do about shroud adjusters? I rather fancy some of the Quadrant type, as they a are period, Does anyone know where I can get some?
I would also like some ideas regarding placement of cleats, jib controls, mainsheet controls, mast bend controls and control lines for kicker and centre board, so if any one can post/sed me picture of the inside of current Smugglers I would be very grateful (email nigwynr@virginmedia.com). Iwant to keep the boat as period as i am able, but she has been fettled at some time in the past and I dont think the hull will take the stresses of a fully udated rig, besides I cant afford that. 
I have a Superspars mast with spreaders ally boom and dacron sails.
Thanks, Nigel Reece.
I'd rather be sailing.  

Porky

Hi Nigel
How'd you get on with the rebuild? I own Porky N1952 Smuggler design also. I'd be interested to see any pics you have of your boat and its layout

Ian Smith

Hello to both - I used to own Porky (I'm responsible for the pink lettering!!!) Hope N2134 made it back on the water - I'd also be interested in knowing if Porky is still sailing??

Ian Smith -  (N2302 & N2323) both about to go back on the water on the Exe estuary
i509@btinternet.com
01395 222136

n12 Bottom Banner