National 12 - find out more...

'Battle of the Classes' pursuit race

Started by Adele, 20 Mar 2008, 10:08

« previous - next »

Adele

I've just seen on the Yachts and Yachting website that Graham and Sam came 2nd and Antony and Katie 8th - many congratulations - it's great publicity and recognition for the class!

Antony3514

Sadly I have to report that the Phantom class beat us to the class prize.  It possible that we could have held off the 2nd Phantom had it not been for a brief swim on the last beat.. but that is another story.  

G & Sam sailed a great race and finised overlapped with both the 1st and 3rd finishing boats, exactly how a pursuit race should conclude.

Was good fun, but never accept an invitation to race a serious regatta in a high sided dock... i think that i prefer the Thames.

Antony

DavidW

Well done to all who did battle - especially Graham who has managed two brilliant results in 2 years but has even managed to tolerate the venue 2 years running!!!!
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

sophie (Guest)

I think its Antony who has done it twice, and I can only agree that the Thames is better (and some of you know what I think of that!)

Still, it's a good day out, and great publicity for the class. Well done all of you. Fab photo of graham and Sam - http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/photos/?s=64&PID=25860

Sophie

grazz

Yep, It's Antony who braved the race twice. The previous time we sailed in the dock at Excel it was just a general sail around for the crowd - drifting in no wind. The race is a much better spectical than that. But very hard work  . . . we had an interesting high speed involuntart gybe and Sam rescued us a few times on the beat. Any volunteers for next year?

Antony3514

David,

You are muddled. I have done it two years in a row (different crews) but the good results were Fran and Sophie and Graham and Sam. I am just the wingman....

Antony

THG

Not many sailing locations you can get aerial shots of boats from - at least thats one benefit.  Can see how the boats are being sailed.
THG

DavidW

Antony

The old grey cells aren't what they used to be !  Well done anyway - that's certainly not somewhere I would choose to race at too frequently!

Cheers
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

n12 Bottom Banner