National 12 - find out more...

N3179 Gillespie

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 28 Oct 2007, 01:35

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3179 Gillespie.  Design: Crusader, modified, designed by: Phil Morrison in 1982

YW Silver National Points Trophy winning boat, Whitstable 1988, Tony Edwards & James Edwards

chopper

Gillespie has had a quick few coats of varnish on the sides here and there and will be headed for the sailing club tommorow.
will propably do a full revarnish in the winter but ready to sail now hopefully be at the the Burton if I can train my boy up in time

chopper

Been out racing tonight with my 8 year old boy wind was light sea was not too choppy and I would guess that on corrected time we would have won.
we were put in fast handicap and the only boat infront was a rs 400 we beat everything else over the water, so there is life in the ole boat yet

chopper

chopper

chopper

Sadly Gillespie has gone on to a new owner Keith also in Mersea my sailing has taken a slightly diferent direction for a while but I still hold a spark for 12s so wont be far away

Ollystevens

I've just bought Gillespie from Keith. She is in fantastic shape and it is my hope that she will be the backdrop of many great memories for my children.

She will be kept at Alton Water .

chopper

Well done she is an amazing boat , probably the only boat I regret selling, still very quick in the right conditions. I'm often over at Alton water looking forward to seeing her out.

Dave Dynamic Sails

Gillespie now sails from HISC on the south coast, first sail with our son (age 9) in 20 knots.  Great fun to be back in a twelve, new sails underway and heading to the inlands for our first event.  Superb boat.

Dynamic Sails added 5 new photos.New sails for the N12, good breezy day to try them up and make some changes to the rig.  Looking forward to trying them out ourselves.  Have a great weekend...Dynamic Sails

n12 Bottom Banner